School Sports Sites: Details
School Sports Sites is different from other sites offering web sites for cross country teams. Cross country is a sport that doesn't always get the recognition it deserves and our sites are tailored to the sport unlike any other. Our School Sports Sites have the basics such as a schedule and the ability to edit any part of the website, but our sites include technology not seen on any other sports sites and our control panel makes it easy to update your site. In fact, our sites are also VERY EASY to update if you have no experience with web design as each page will have it's own control panel that tells you what you can change.
Benefit to Coaches
- The cost of a School Sports Site is comparable to the cost of a web host that doesn't create the website for you, and much less than our competitors.
- When you first sign up, we will walk you through the process of setting up your site through an optional Skype/telephone call.
- A School Sports Site provides a number of ways to keep in touch with athletes and parents including emails blasts, news, and a built-in schedule.
- School Sports Sites allows coaches to keep track of uniforms, registration forms, and other items that need to be collected from athletes. One click of a button can send athletes an email specifying items they have not turned in.
- School Sports Sites can store contact information for each athlete, and an athlete can be sent an email from the control panel.
- Coaches can use their School Sports Site to keep attendance and view how often an athlete has been absent or tardy to practice.
Benefit to Athletes
- Athletes can communicate with coaches and each other using the comment system.
- Team records can be kept on the results/records page to highlight top athletes.
- Each athlete shows up in the search results and their personal page contains all of their individual results.
- Athletes can see their photos used throughout the website including on the slideshow and on the results/records page.
- Cross country runners have access to a runner's diary that they can use to keep track of their mileage and performance.
Benefit to Parents
- Mark Sirois, St. Pius X
- Parents can sign up for a site's mailing list to receive email blasts from the coaches.
- Parents can receive emails from the coaches if their athlete has not turned in required forms or their uniform.
- Parents can view the team schedule and calendar.
A cross country coach's greatest asset is time. More specifically, the times a cross country runner runs are vitally important to assessing how individuals are performing. With that in mind our cross country site includes a number of tools for tracking workouts and runner improvement.
- A pace calculator allows you to calculate the times your cross country runners should run over a given distance based on their race pace. This is essential for letting cross country runners know what time they should shoot for during interval workouts.
- The Add New Run function allows you to add routes and runs to keep track of your cross country runners. You can add a route that includes a map as well as an alternative route. You can also specify routes that are used for competition during cross country meets or loops that you use for interval workouts.
- The Edit Meet Results function lets you enter results from cross country meets so you can keep track of your runners' times. These results are used to calculate each runner's race pace and create a graph of their results.
- You can view the team's stats to see the race pace, the number of miles run, and the personal records for all of your cross country runners.
- A runner diary is included that allows your cross country runners to sign in to the website and see all of their workouts. They choose which route they ran on a given day to keep track of their miles run. They will also see their mile race pace when they sign in. There is also a comments section where they can write short notes about each run.
Stacking Up Against The Competition
|Website||Cost||Schedule||File Uploads||Blog with Comments||Email Blasts||Team Stats||Stat Calculators|
|School Sports Sites||$50||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|League Lineup||$0-$299. 95||YES||LIMITED*||NO*||YES||LIMITED*||NO|
|SteepleWeb||$0 - $198*||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||NO|
We feel School Sports Sites stacks up pretty well against our competitors. Check out the table if you don't believe us, but we also encourage you to check out their web sites as we think we've got them beat in pretty much every category. You can click on links in the table to see explanations for certain categories.
Most other sites offer a crippled free version that is paid for with ads or so hobbled that they expect you to upgrade to a paid version. We do not do this because we want you to experience all our sites have to offer. If you want to know how a School Sports Site works you can check out our Demo Page and try one.
Our support is also top-notch. When you first sign up for School Sports Sites we will help walk you through the set-up process over the phone or through your favorite video-conferencing app. No other website provides this type of one-on-one support.
We also don't have a confusing pricing structure. We have a single website package and you get everything with that package. If you know of a site that you believe we've missed or find a mistake in the list of other companies send an email to Derek and we will include the new site in the list or correct the mistake.